Owners & holistic-therapy practitioners Dave & Sharon Holtz host guests at four-room B & B in verdant Hecla-Grindstone Provincial Park
- Expires Mar 14, 2012
- Must book by 3/14/12. Travel must be completed by 6/27/12. Limit 1 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. 7-day cancellation notice or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies. Must sign waiver. Name on Groupon must match ID. Must be 18 or older to check in. Valid only for a Double Bed Room. Upgrades for wellness services available. 12% tax not included.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two nights in a double room with a sink and shared bathroom, including breakfast both mornings for two people (an $80 value per night)
- A one-hour Quantumwave laser unwind/pain relief session per person (a $120 total value)
- One bottle of wine (a $35 value)
- One box of chocolates (a $15 value)
Set along 43 lakefront acres within Hecla-Grindstone Provincial Park, Solmundson Gesta Hus Bed & Breakfast and Wellness Center is home to holistic-therapy practitioners Dave and Sharon Holtz. Passed down through Sharon's family since 1928, the bed-and-breakfast lends respite in double rooms sporting wood trim and elk butlers. The Holtz clan guides guests through an approximately one hour Quantumwave laser session, treating travellers with a cold-laser device equipped with 16 diodes that radiate red, infrared, and violet light. Believed to enrich cells with photons and a can-do attitude, Quantumwave laser therapy may help ease pain, encourage relaxation, and temporarily boost circulation. Upon retiring to their rooms, partners in crime can sip on wine and practice making romantic airplane sounds as they feed each other chocolate treats.
Dave and Sharon also turn breakfast into a therapeutic event, feeding guests family recipes such as Icelandic pancakes. Sojourners can spend the rest of their time relaxing in the hot tub, playing with the Holtzes’ cats Odin and Loki, or exploring the nearby area, which affords cross country skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and plentiful trails. A visit during warmer months reveals the region's limestone cliffs, marshes, and bikini-clad moose and pelican populations. Evening meals are available if booked ahead of time, and pets are allowed with prior arrangement. Upgrades to a queen room are available for $15 per night based on availability. Guests may also add one extra person for $25, which includes a rollaway and breakfast.