The Sydenham River runs across 6,154-yd. course, where golfers test their skills before having lunch at a restaurant with an elevated deck
- Expires Oct 30, 2012
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $49 for a golf outing for two (up to a $106 total value)
- $99 for a golf outing for four (up to a $212 total value)
For both options, each golfer receives the following:
- 18-hole round of golf (up to a $38 value/person)
- $15 voucher for grill food such as chicken-ponzu sandwiches ($8.95), burgers ($6.95 and up), fish and chips ($10.95), and more from Bear Creek's Golfview Restaurant menu
In 1914, golf-course architects incorporated the three branches of the Sydenham River to form a wishbone in the middle of Bear Creek Golf Club's 6,154-yard layout. Coming into play on nine holes, the waterway factors prominently into the par-5 10th hole, where it flows just beyond the tee box, crosses the heart of the fairway, and snakes along the front of the green, providing an ideal venue to practice skipping ball markers across the surface. Tall trees hover at the edges of most fairways, waiting to complicate play after errant drives or approaches.
After putting out on 18th green, guests can watch fellow golfers traverse the course from the raised deck at Bear Creek’s Golfview Restaurant. Inside, aromas of chicken wings, quesadillas, and burgers fill the air along with the warmth from a stone fireplace, where golfers can destroy incriminating scorecards or Petrarchan sonnets they wrote about their sand wedge.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 71 course
- Length of 6,154 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 70.8 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 128 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options