Open-water certification course prepares graduates for underwater adventures and includes two jaunts in the lagoon at Weeki Wachee Springs
- Expires 150 days after purchase.
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. 72hr cancellation notice required. Ages 10-14 may have to take junior classes. Must sign wavier. Subject to weather conditions. Medical form and doctor's signature may be required. Water training valid only at Clearwater location. Equipment not included. Registration required.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Registration for the open-water scuba-certification program (a $159.95 value)
- One Scuba Schools International student-training kit (a $99.95 value)
- Two open-water dives at Weeki Wachee Springs (a $60 value each)
The following items are required to participate, but not included in this Groupon:
- One open-water DVD (a $29.95 deposit)
- Personal snorkeling equipment; those who supply their own personal snorkeling system (mask, snorkel, power fins, boots, weights and belt, and bag) must have it inspected by the instructors.
The three-part open-water certification program begins with in-class or online academic sessions, which cover dive theory, equipment, and planning safe dives amid reefs and shipwrecks. Next, students participate in pool sessions, where they’ll learn basic skills such as how to assemble their scuba units and communicate with their diving partners through hand signals and underwater Pictionary. To complete their training, students join their instructors for two open-water dives, most often in the viridian waters of Weeki Wachee Springs. Open-water sessions typically occur on Sundays at 7:30 a.m., when weather permits. Schedule your academic, pool, and open-water sessions on the online calendar.