Tours of gator-packed Lake Jesup perch riders atop fan boats & include alligator photo op & alligator meat–tasting
- Expires Aug 29, 2012
- May buy multiple. Limit 1 per visit. Not valid until 5/29/12. Reservation required. Airboat ride must be taken prior to gator tasting. Airboat reservations start at 10AM; subject to availability. Must arrive 15 minutes prior to airboat ride for photo session.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- 30-minute airboat tour (up to a $25.95 value)
- Framed photo with an alligator (a $10 value)
- Gator meat–tasting at the Black Hammock Restaurant (a $5 value)
When French native Joel Martin was young, his family moved to Africa. While there, Joel learned to stalk many jungle creatures including alligators with the help of his Malgache friends. Years later, in 1995, Martin packed up his own family and moved them to Florida, where the heat and humidity reminded him of his beloved childhood in Africa. Today he owns and operates Black Hammock Adventures and charters picturesque airboat rides on the gator-infested waters of Lake Jesup. His boat, equipped with Goliath's desk fan, skims earplugged riders past alligators and other lake fauna at speeds of up to 45 miles per hour. During rides, experienced guides pilot the vessel safely through narrow creeks and shallow wetlands and help tourists to spot sunning reptiles. After zooming by a congregation of gators, guests can stop by Black Hammock's wildlife exhibit, enjoy a lively libation at the Lazy Gator Bar, or hand over their cameras as they pose for pictures with Black Hammock's 12-foot-long alligator, Hammy, at his dockside cage or barter for an autograph with hunks of raw meat.