Unique wines made with mangoes, avocados & other nongrape fruits grace souvenir glasses at tasting prior to party with live music & dancing
- Expires Jul 11, 2012
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Reservation required; subject to availability. Must be 21 or older. Valid only on Fridays.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two Ultimate tastings (a $19.90 value), which include:
- A choice of five Schnebly wines
- Etched wine glasses
- Admission for two to a Friday Night at the Winery dance night (up to a $16 value) or a weekend winery tour (a $14 value).
- A $15 wine credit.
The oenophiles at Schnebly Redland’s Winery craft eccentric wines made from mangoes, avocados, and other nongrape fruits, helping the bottling establishment garner a 2008 Best Winery award from the Miami New Times. Grapes go green with envy as five of their rivals are sipped in their stead amid a coral water fountain, tiki huts, and lush tropical plants. Sample the guavino, a medley of orange blossom, honeysuckle, and meyer lemon ($9.95+), or the sweet avocado ($14.95/bottle) with a citrus-laden nose akin to a bloodhound who's hunting an orange in a forest of lemon trees. Souvenir glasses are designed to capture the full body and aroma of the wines, such as the lychee ($18.95/bottle), which orchestrates notes of honey, citrus pear, and lychee in a flavor symphony comparable to a riesling.
After the tasting, guests select a favorite wine to accompany them to the Friday Night at the Winery party’s live concerts and livelier dance floor. Past entertainment included Iko Iko, the Big City Band, and bluegrass groups distinguished by their danceable songs and innovatively landscaped lawns. Most concerts start at 6 p.m., and guests can bring a picnic dinner to fuel up for a night of rug-cutting. Groupon-holders who are unable to attend on Fridays can instead opt for a weekend tour of the facility, which aims to help tour-goers hone knowledge of the winemaking process.