Hard, fast, and relentless metal emanates from acclaimed hardcore quintet, cartoon band from Metalocalypse and French prog-metal shredders
- Expires Aug 24, 2012
- Limit 8 per person. G-Pass not redeemable with mobile app. Use for admission at Time Warner Cable Uptown Amphitheatre on 8/24 starting at 5:45pm. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon. Must provide first and last name upon purchase, which Groupon will provide to facilitate redemption. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One G-Pass for general-admission lawn seating (up to a $38 value, including ticketing fees)
- Early entry starting at 5:45 p.m. (a $5 value)
- A commemorative tour laminate (a $15 value)
Because the ticket is a G-Pass, Groupon customers can use it to enter the venue directly; they will not need to redeem their Groupon at will call.
The ax-wielding alliance of Lamb of God, Dethklok, and Gojira swiftly dismantles any notion that heavy metal is getting softer with age, rattling stages with a sonic boom of breakneck riffs and throaty bellows. Forerunners of the American heavy-metal renaissance, Lamb of God eschews kitsch for ironclad rock 'n' roll in its purest form. Behind a catalog of acclaimed albums, including the breakthrough New American Gospel, the Grammy-nominated Sacrament, and its latest anvil, Resolution, the quintet has attracted a rabid grassroots fan base and major-label success by sticking to its un-formulaic formula. Relentless, technical, and unapologetically un-commercial, the band unleashes an arsenal of Gatling gun guitars, drums that dare the God of Thunder to step outside, and unabashed lyrics that prompt even Mount Rushmore to turn its heads.
Stars of the Adult Swim comedy series Metalocalypse, the gruff cartoon rockers of Dethklok are the brainchildren of acclaimed comedy writer and voice actor Brendon Small. Joined by a backup squad of accomplished musicians––including human metronome Gene "The Atomic Clock" Hoglan on the drums, guitarist Mike Keneally, and bassist Bryan Beller––Small roars the hilariously gruesome songs that have earned his fictional band legions of fans in the signature growl of his cartoon counterpart, Nathan Explosion. Each live member of Dethklok plays in front of projections of their animated alter ego while collectively shaking audiences to the core with death-metal opuses such as “Mermaider” and “Bloodlines.” French progressive-metal mavens Gojira kick-start the show with blistering odes to environmentalism that summon nuclear sea monsters to recycle the Eiffel Tower.
Due to security restrictions, G-Passes must be printed out and presented in person at the event. They cannot be redeemed through Groupon's mobile app.