Photographer with 30 years experience teaches basic camera functions, more advanced composition, or Photoshop editing in five-hour workshops
- Expires Nov 30, 2012
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required. New clients only. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Must bring SLR camera or computer equipped with Adobe Photoshop.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $39 for a five-hour Level 1 beginning photography workshop (a $125 value)
- $39 for a five-hour Level 2 photography composition and lighting workshop (a $125 value)
- $39 for a five-hour Level 3 Photoshop editing workshop (a $125 value)
During the Level 1 workshop, Janice demonstrates how to use an SLR camera's basic manual features such as aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. The lesson covers the role of metering and introduces basic artistic principles such as how to make regular trees look like van Gogh's fancy ones. The Level 2 class builds upon introductory camera skills, covering more advanced principles of composition and lighting. In Level 3, Janice turns her students' attention from the camera to digital post-photography editing, demonstrating how to crop, size, and improve photo quality via sharpening and adjusting color levels. She also guides students through removal of unwanted elements⎯such as unexpected subjects⎯from photos.
New classes are added often; check the schedule for course additions. Classes are also offered on Sundays.Janice Street Photography & Design
Having learned all the ways to snap her camera's shutter and tweak its lens settings over the course of more than 30 years, Janice Street decided to teach others to do the same. She instills confidence in novice photographers through a series of five-hour workshops, during which she guides students through technical operations, such as setting f-stop and shutter speed, at an easy pace. Students also hone their compositional skills, such as selecting depth of field, as Janice helps them snap challenging shots. She also shows students Photoshop techniques that can improve an image in the editing room, such as balancing an image's colours, and making every face look like the photographer’s.
When not teaching photography, Janice contributes to the field. Some of her specialties include candid portraits of children and adults, landscapes, nature shots, and action shots, and many are available as postcards, greeting cards, DVDs and screen savers.