Pro fighters instruct kids, teens & adults in boxing, muay thai & jujitsu
- Expires Sep 19, 2012
- Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must redeem classes in full by expiration date on your Groupon. Must be 10 or older. Subject to availability. Must sign waiver. New clients only. Classes are non-transferable. May redeem across visits.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $19 for a 5-class punch card (a $195 value)
- $35 for a 10-class punch card (a $360 value)
- $19 for one week of unlimited group fitness classes (a $147 value)
A staff of pro fighters lend their expertise during more than 50 weekly classes that focus on kickboxing, martial arts, and functional-training techniques. One-hour workouts pit students against 150-pound punching bags, which help prepare them to do battle against able-bodied opponents or giant lumps of bread dough. Boxing classes dissect the technique behind jabs, hooks, and uppercuts, while Lean Teen sessions impart the same skills to kids aged 10 to 17. South Florida Boxing also offers R.I.T.E. boot camps, which teach participants that "Routine is the Enemy" and they must change their exercise regimen daily. All classes include the rental of necessary equipment, such as gloves, pads, and wraps.South Florida Boxing
South Florida Boxing is a fighter-friendly gym that has hosted boxing legends such as Muhammad Ali and extends its exercise expertise to guests of all fitness levels with more than 50 weekly classes. Led by owner Jolie Glassman, a team of 12 pro fighters helps students pummel New Year's resolutions during one-hour workouts and private lessons, teaching them that "you don't have to be a fighter to train like one." Fists and feet collide with dozens of heavy blue bags suspended from the ceiling in pro-level boxing, boxing aerobics, sparring, muay thai, jujitsu, and mixed-martial-arts classes. Meanwhile, muscles strain against cycles, kettlebells, and functional training machines during R.I.T.E. fitness workouts, which emphasize ever-changing exercise routines.