Small groups learn of art of libations in interactive, hands-on four-hour bartending classes in fully equipped bar
- Expires May 1, 2012
- Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Must be 18 or older. Reservation required. Classes are non-transferable.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Martinis and Manhattans: covers cosmopolitans, apple and chocolate martinis, and other drinks
- Tropical Drinks: covers long island iced teas, mojitos, mai tais, and other drinks
- Shooters and Party Drinks: covers shots such as the washington apple, B52, sex on the beach, and purple hooter
- Margaritas and Sours: covers mixing drinks with 1800, Jose Cuervo, and blue tequilas
Cleveland Bartending School teaches would-be suds-slingers and mad-scientist mixologists not only how to pour the perfect drink, but also how to maintain the social center of any bar and make patrons feel at home. Whether celebrating a girls’ day out, an ice-breaking first date, or an excuse to air out antique-shot-glass collections, classes join together 6–15 people in a simulated bar equipped with the latest Wunder-Bar soda-gun systems, three-compartment sinks, stainless-steel ice bins, mixers, professional glassware, and liquor speed racks. A working tap allows training to incorporate the Anheuser-Busch and Guinness beer curriculum. Each class is divided between 25% lecture time and 75% practice time, ensuring that students get plenty of hands-on experience after instructors demonstrate how to make each libation and use it most effectively as fuel for fire-eating. Class time also includes role playing and simulated happy hours to hone speed, increase efficiency, and unlock the ability to juggle six cocktail onions at once.
Because Cleveland Bartending School places emphasis on simulated training, its graduates depart with the knowhow needed to work extensively in the city and metropolitan area. Past students have gone on to become professional bartenders, host stellar parties, and open wild-west saloons in their basements. Groupon users should call to make reservations and confirm specific dates for each class type.