Ground instruction imparts basic skills before students fly over the Salt River in a Piper Cherokee
- Expires in 1 year
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Appointment required. 48hr cancellation notice required or fee up to $50 may apply. Subject to availability. Must be 14 or older. 300 lb max weight. Must sign waiver. New customers only. Lessons are non-transferable. $15 fuel surcharge not included.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- 30 minutes of pre-flight ground instruction
- 30 minutes of in-air time with in-flight instruction in Piper Cherokee 140 or Cessna 172
- Pre- and post-flight safety checks, performed by an instructor before you arrive and after you leave
Certified instructors begin lessons on the ground, teaching students the basics behind various flight controls and instrumentation. Then pilots accompany pupils aboard a 150-horsepower Piper Cherokee 140 aircraft, providing in-flight instruction as students perform introductory training maneuvers and slalom among the clouds over the Salt River. After notching their belts with the hours they traveled, students will be ready to continue on with their flight training and to taunt landlocked ostriches.Flying High LLC
Flying High LLC's impassioned, certified flight instructors instill the airborne arts in students by taking them to the skies in a fleet of Cessna and Piper fixed-wing planes. Flight lessons, discovery flights, and scenic photo excursions explore The Valley of the Sun's topography while pupils stretch their wings or sit back and relax. The team's academic services impart the skills necessary for private-pilot and multiengine certifications or train fledgling aviators in the operation of a helicopter or commercial aircraft. The instructors have memorized the ins and outs of their planes, having raised each since birth, so students can master the fundamentals safely.