Tour guides lead fleets of Segways on narrated scoots through Tempe Town Lake and Desert Ridge at dusk
- Expires Jan 16, 2013
- May buy multiples. Valid only for option purchased. Must be 16 or older. 100lb weight min. Valid only for evening tours.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $39 for a 90-minute evening Segway tour for one (a $75 value)
- $75 for a 90-minute evening Segway tour for two (a $150 value)
- $139 for a 90-minute evening Segway tour for four (a $300 value)
Guided, narrated tours of Tempe Town Lake and Desert Ridge depart in the evening depending on sunset. Over the course of 90 minutes, groups learn about the town’s history as they coast by landmarks such as the Tempe Center of the Arts and City North. Evening tours are offered until September 30, after which customers may redeem their Groupon for day tours at 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. For a list of upcoming evening tours, see the calendar.Segway of Scottsdale
The experienced tour guides at Segway of Scottsdale lead fleets of two-wheelers through one of two scenic Arizona cities during an extensive schedule of rides. Guests gear up for either of the 90-minute tours by hopping aboard a Segway, whose self-balancing technology allows riders to tilt handlebars gently for turns or quickly for back flips. Each session begins with a 30-minute orientation, followed by a narrated jaunt past the towering opulence of the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Scottsdale or around the city-flanked oasis of Tempe Town Lake. During the summer months, groups traverse the town’s bridges and boulevards at dusk, stopping by landmarks such as Arizona State University and Sun Devil Stadium, whose eponymous student-athletes practice under solar-powered stadium lights to escape the chill of night.