Intro workshop caters to film and TV newbies with insider tips on the business; advanced workshop takes a day to hone audition techniques
- Expires Nov 28, 2012
- May buy multiple. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required; subject to availability. Must be 17 or older. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Tax included.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $49 for a three-hour Intro to Film/TV Acting workshop for one (a $99 value, including tax)
- $89 for a three-hour Intro to Film/TV Acting workshop for two (a $198 value, including tax)
Typically scheduled every other Monday at 7 p.m. (starting August 6), intro workshops cover some common questions of aspiring actors, such as “What are casting directors looking for,” “How can I make this a career,” and “Do I get to keep this fake beard?”
- $145 for "Auditioning Technique and the Movie Biz" workshop (a $290 value, including tax).
The full-day Auditioning Technique course is taught by over 30-year industry veteran Jacqui Kaese, whose former pintsize students have worked on films with actors such as Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman, and in such films as Thank You For Smoking. High energy and action packed, these workshops are meant for professionals looking to chisel out an IMDB page of their own by offering the means to master auditions, while also providing an overview of the movie industry. Audition Technique workshops are scheduled one Saturday per month, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., starting August 18.
Victoria Academy of Dramatic Arts
Victoria Academy of Dramatic Arts’ 11 instructors share more than two centuries of combined experience in the entertainment industry, heading up a yearlong, by-audition acting program designed specifically for television, film, and commercial work. Not everybody is ready to make the plunge into the screen, so the school also runs smaller-scale workshops appropriate for all experience levels that cover casting dos and don’ts, career guidance, and summoning the willpower to meet James Cameron’s third eye. The Actor’s Makeover course tightens audition material into 15 minutes of pure emotional power, and part-time intro classes accommodate day jobs.