Vast winter wonderland of two million pounds of ice carved into colorful Shrek statues & 30-foot ice slides
- For $8, you get one admission for a child aged 4–12 ($13.99 advanced value; up to $15.99 value at the door).
- For $15, you get one adult admission (up to a $27.99 advance value; up to a $29.99 value at the door).
Admission for children 3 and younger is free.
Groupon holders may attend the attraction during a preselected time slot. Choose from the following dates:
- December 19–23 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- December 24–25 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- December 26–30 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- December 31 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- January 1 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- January 2 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
In preparation for the Christmas at Gaylord Palms celebration, ice artisans transform the resort into a winter wonderland, carving two million pounds of ice into vibrant ice sculptures, colorful Shrek-themed ice statues, and towering icy slides. Three types of ice—clear, white, and colored—flank the attraction's carpeted walkways, sculpted into 30-foot ice slides and beloved characters from Shrek the Halls, including Fiona, Puss in Boots, Donkey, and the jovial green ogre himself. The team of 40 sculptors hails from the snow-swept Harbin, China, where for 500 years villagers have hung ice lanterns to guide hunters through the dark and keep snow angels warm. As families wander through the whimsical village's colorful paths, they marvel at the detailed handiwork of the holiday-themed scenes. Chilled to a frosty 9 degrees, the festive space coaxes shivers alongside squeals of delight from families and imported snowmen hiding in utility closets. To keep bodies warm and cozy, the exhibit provides hooded coats in all sizes, though visitors are encouraged to don appropriate clothing, including closed-toe shoes and long pants.
On some dates, ICE! offers discounted tickets for military members, first responders, and educators, so buyers should plan ahead to get the best value.
Shrek the Halls © 2011 DreamWorks Animation, L.L.C