- Hands-on activity
- Take home treats
- Make great chocolate gifts
- Two types of classes available
- Expires Apr 1, 2012
- Limit 2 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Valid only for class purchased. Must register online by 11/30/11. Must attend class by 4/1/12. 10-day notice required to reschedule; $10 fee for rescheduling. Subject to availability; classes may be rescheduled if less than 5 people sign up. Must be 15 or older or ages 10-14 with a participating & supervising adult. Classes are non-transferable.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $80, you get a two-hour build-your-own-chocolate-bar class (a $160 value).
- For $95, you get a three-hour truffle class (a $200 value).
Coco-luxe Confections fields a skilled team of confectionary clairvoyants who are ready to share their gourmet candy-crafting skills with the cacao-hungry masses. The build-your-own-chocolate-bar class instills beginner chocolatiers with the mediation skills needed to tame the melancholy attitude of rich and pensive dark chocolate by schooling them in chocolate-tempering techniques. Students can then combine fresh and flavorful ingredients to create six customized edible ingots ready to be devoured on-site or in the privacy of your own dessert den. Artistically inclined academics looking to expand sugar-sculpting skills beyond the slab can opt for the three-hour truffle-making class, in which a morsel midwife will lead a demonstration on the birth of baby bite-size chocolates before setting students free to focus on rolling, dipping, and decorating their own litter of 25. Students create two styles of fresh cream truffles in the class.
All necessary ingredients and equipment are supplied, and classes are held in a commercial kitchen. Aprons are provided, and participants are advised to wear close-toed shoes and clothing suitable for getting chocolate on, such as Poppin' Fresh hats. Classes are held on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings and afternoons—check the schedule for complete details.