Explore the basics of scuba diving, earn a certification through pool sessions and five open-water dives, or fill an air tank five times
- Expires Jan 30, 2013
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required; subject to availability. 24hr cancellation notice required. Must be 10 or older. Must meet medical requirements. Must sign waiver. Courses must be taken by the same person. Subject to availability. Extra $250 equipment fee for both options; extra $150 registration fee required for certification course option.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $29 for a Discover Scuba Experience (a $60 value)
The Discover Scuba Experience begins with instructors demystifying the basics of equipment, diving fundamentals, and safety. Then patrons suit up in provided gear with assistance before splashing into the water and breathing while fully submerged. The entire experience takes a couple of hours.
- $199 for a basic open-water scuba-certification course (a $400 value)
The basic open-water scuba certification course comprises eight weekly classes, during which expert instructors teach students the fundamentals of diving and prepare them for the experience of exploring lakes, rivers, and seas. In order to earn their certificates, students spend several hours in controlled-water sessions, practicing old skills and harnessing new ones before taking part in five open-water dives. Upon completion of the course, participants receive certification as recognized by the National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI). Students should bring a swimsuit, towel, and a tolerance for nicknames with “fish” in them. This option does not include the required registration fee ($150) or equipment package (mask, fins, snorkel, boots, and bag; $250).
- $15 for an air-fill punch card for five fills (a $30 value)
Explorer Diving's seasoned instructors––many with NAUI, TDI, SDI, and PADI certifications––submerge aspiring divers in adventuresome waters and scuba know-how during their series of fun and intensive classes. Their introductory scuba and snorkelling courses get participants' gills wet in the fundamentals of underwater inhalation and appeasing sea-monkey royalty; a slew of advanced courses torpedoes more experienced divers toward open-water, dive-master, and night-diver mastery. Explorer Diving also rents out and sells various scuba equipment and refills empty air tanks.