Racers bedecked in glow sticks and glow paint run 5K race with paint-yourself stations to sponsor local father fighting muscular dystrophy
- Expires Sep 15, 2012
- Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Must sign waiver. Must use promotional value in 1 visit.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $22 for entry to the Run the Rave 5K race for one (a $45 value)
- $40 for entry to the Run the Rave 5K race for two (a $90 value)
- $110 for entry to to the Run the Rave 5K race for six (a $270 value)
Runners begin the glow in the dark race at 9 p.m. on September 15. A celebratory dance begins at 10 p.m. at The Great Saltair.Run the Rave
Rounding the corner, a runner sprints right into a face full of glow paint flung by some opponents. Typical 5K races frown upon glow-paint attacks, but the charitable Run the Rave wholeheartedly endorses such messy displays of camaraderie, posting paint-yourself stations at one-mile intervals along the race route. A stream of lights illumine the trail bordering Great Salt Lake beaches, and runners visually announce their arrival with four glow sticks distributed before the race. Once racers rush headlong across the finish line, an MC kicks off the festivities, doling out cash prizes to the runner with the best costume, winning female runner, and winning male runner with the best concealed hovercraft. Afterward, participants and their guests trot aglow over to the dance floor of The Great Saltair. The event's proceeds sponsor a local father of three as he fights a battle against muscular dystrophy.