Industry experts break down filmmaking, acting & screenwriting through intense & engaging one- or two-day workshops
- Expiration varies
- Limit 3 per person, may buy 10 more as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Seat reservation required within 48 hours of purchase. Must email firstname.lastname@example.org to make reservations; subject to availability. Must sign waiver.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $99, you get a two-day Film Directing and Screen Acting master class with Patrick Tucker (a $349 value). The master class runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, January 21 and Sunday, January 22.
- For $99, you get a two-day Unleash the Screenwriter Within course with Alan Denman (a $349 value). The course takes place on Saturday, February 25 and Sunday, February 26 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m..
- For $79, you get a one-day Intro to Filmmaking course with Elliot Grove on Saturday, March 24 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (a $249 value)
Raindance Toronto's practical filmmaking and writing workshops break the daunting cinema-creation process into digestible lectures as industry professionals lead talks to elevate the aptitude of independent filmmakers and artists. During director Patrick Tucker's two-day Film Directing and Screen Acting master class, budding auteurs convene and dissect how to build stunning shots through single-camera shooting techniques, stage in depth, and pilfer Woody Allen’s notes. By day two, acting students step into frame as they fill tool kits with insider tips about breaking into the industry and delivering emotionally powerful performances.
Scribes can garner two days worth of practical advice and writerly inspiration during writer/producer Alan Denman’s Unleash the Screenwriter Within course, which focuses on honing storytelling skills and marketing screenplays. Alan guides pupils through lessons that expound on the essentials of successful script-writing including crafting loglines, working with an agent, and ensuring that each scene ends with an explosion. A workshop on the second day helps scriveners concoct their own compelling tales, and the course wraps up with a discussion about moving to Hollywood.
Alternatively, during Raindance founder Elliot Grove's Saturday Intro to Filmmaking course, the prolific producer delves into the essentials of screenplay writing, production, directing, and distribution options. Various lectures and a supportive handbook allow students to glean the knowledge needed to convert the scenes of youthful cinemaginations into a script filled with plausible characters and plot holes arranged into a looping tunnel that critics will never escape. The action-packed day concludes with a networking session at a local bar where participants can trade business cards to further their cinematic pursuits.