- Vibrant Portuguese fare
- Steaks & seafood
- Regional ingredients
- Exquisite prix fixe menu
- Expires Feb 29, 2012
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Must purchase a food item. Not valid for special events or holidays. For tasting menu, must order from specific menu.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $69, you get a five-course tasting for two (up to a $154 value). The five courses include two of each of the following:
- First course: Fish brandade (a $9 value)
- Second course: Arugula and red-wine-poached pear salad with candied pecans (a $13 value)
- Third course: Stouffville Farm butternut squash purée (an $8 value) or steamed PEI mussels in coconut piri piri broth (a $13 value)
- Fourth course: Alberta-certified Black Angus flat iron steak (a $28 value) or a cataplana of seafood (a $30 value)
- Fifth course: Mixed dessert plate (a $12 value)
- For $30, you get $60 worth of anything on the menu. Entrees range from $19–$32 each.
Fishbone Bistro's menu punches taste bud passports for a trip to the Portuguese kitchen with seafood dishes and steaks prepared fresh with regional ingredients. During the five-course meal for two, pairs dive into a sea world of flavour with the fish brandade before moving onto the poached pear salad dressed in a 15-year aged balsamic that relieves diners from suffering through its terrible twos. A choice of locally raised butternut squash puree with maple crème fraiche or steamed PEI mussels in a Portuguese coconut piri piri broth set senses alight and break the news to hunger that it's time to find new bodies to loiter near. Main courses give duos options between land and sea with Black Angus flat iron steak or a cataplana of seafood—a savoury, vibrant stew that buoys senses with its flavour mélange of tomato, shrimp broth, and fresh coriander. Complete the five-course experience with dessert plates populated with warm apple cobbler, a hot coffee and ice-cream drink, and an almond-butter cookie. Though not included in this offer, guests may also opt for a curated wine pairing ($20/person) to accompany dishes and rouge lips for free.
Diners ordering from the eatery's regular menu can choose from Portuguese-inspired dishes such as cured halibut brandade ($26) or fresh shrimp ravioli ($21) with sides of mixed vegetables ($7) or fresh-cut frites ($5). Fishbone's exclusively Portuguese wine list offers vintages to complement its culinary offerings and to give the European country's grapes the international getaway they so deserve.