Ball-spinning antics abound as world-famous exhibition basketball team dazzles in comic and athletic performance
- Expires Aug 4, 2012
- Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 8/4/12 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Rexall Centre. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which Groupon will provide to facilitate redemption of voucher. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open at 9:30 a.m.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $33, you get one ticket for seating in sections 101–110, 116–130, or 136–139, rows 1–16 (up to a $66 value, including all fees).
- For $47, you get one ticket for seating in sections 111–115 or 131–135, rows 8–26 (up to a $94.75 value, including all fees).
- For $63, you get one ticket for seating in sections 111–115 or 131–135, rows 1–7 (up to a $127.50 value, including all fees).
Since forming in the 1920s, the Harlem Globetrotters have continued to entertain millions of parents, children, and general basketball admirers with a trademark blend of athletic precision and razzle-dazzle showmanship. For the team's 2012 tour, a rotating roster of Globetrotter favourites takes to the hardwood each game, so spectators might spot Special K sharing a behind-the-back pass with newcomer Jet Williams, the 2011 NCAA slam-dunk runner-up whose wicked vertical leap cruelly dashed his dreams of working in a ceiling-fan store. The Globetrotters might also present a study in contrasts with 5'2" Too Tall and 7'8" Tiny, the world's tallest pro basketball player.
Youngsters can learn about the benefits of teamwork and laugh along as the jovial jocks perform classic routines of unconventional passing and sudden transmutations of water into confetti. Having performed in 120 countries and all six penguin-overrun continents, the Globetrotters are one of the few teams inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame as ambassadors of the sport.While tip off is at 2 p.m., gates open at 9:30 a.m. for families to part in a slew of activities, including a scavenger hunt, face painting, and an air guitar contest, slam dunk-skills not required.