Skilled seamstress leads six-person classes that teach children or adults the fundamentals of sewing
- Expires Mar 1, 2013
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. 5-day advance reservation required. Subject to availability. 48hr cancellation notice required. Must be 16 or older for adult class; children's class valid for ages 10-17 only. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Fabric not included; students must bring own fabric to class.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $12 for a 90-minute kids’ introductory class for one child (a $25 value)
- $22 for a 90-minute kids’ introductory class for two children (a $50 value)
- $32 for a three-hour Sewing Basics class for one adult (a $65 value)
- $59 for a three-hour Sewing Basics class for two adults (a $130 value)
The kids’ introductory class (for ages 10–17) covers the fundamentals of using a sewing machine, and the Sewing Basics class (for ages 16 ) covers basic techniques and teaches students how to make a pillow. See the Fall 2012 class schedule here. Students only need to bring fabric, patterns, and release forms to class; all other equipment and materials are provided.Just Sew
Owner Jennifer Lushbaugh harnesses more than 30 years of needlework experience to alter or craft custom garments, blankets, pillows, and other home-decor goods. Designed for toddlers, her popular nap mats feature built-in pillows stuffed with hypoallergenic fiberfill, Velcro-tab closures, and shoulder straps for portability. Channeling her experiences working at a costume shop and designing wardrobes for junior-high theater performances, Jennifer also creates unique outfits from scratch and alters garments to better fit clients’ figures. Customers also stop into Just Sew for personalized six-student classes that cover how to make pillows, or replace a zipper.