- Learn home-brewing technique
- Proper bottling & storage
- All classroom materials provided
- Expires Mar 24, 2012
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. 48hr cancellation notice required. Must be 21 or older.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $35, you get an introductory wine- or beer-making class for two people (a $70 value).
- For $59, you get an introductory wine- or beer-making class for four people (a $140 value).
The brewing connoisseurs at Beer & Wine Hobby impart beer- and wine-brewing know-how to pupils via introductory courses at their warehouse store. Whether attending as part of a pair or quartet, students will learn the fundamentals of their choice of beer- or wine-brewing, including how to properly use, sanitize, and store the necessary equipment, as well as proper bottling techniques for preserving and stabilizing. Future beer-brewers will also learn how to brew a basic extract recipe, the effects of malt, hops, and yeast on beer flavor, and the differences betweens ales, lagers, and root beer. Those attending the wine classes can finally shut down the backyard grape-crushing operation and instead learn how to make wine from a concentrate kit or with fresh fruit. Students will also select corks and bottles before embarking on the bottling process.
Although class participants must be 21 or older, no consumption occurs during the classes.