80–90 minute tours unfold the histories of Victoria’s indigenous, British, and Chinese cultures and its paranormal folktales
- Expires Jul 31, 2012
- Limit 4 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Subject to availability. Valid Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $29 for one Crown Victoria Native Island walking tour for two (a $58 value), departing from the Legislative Assembly building near the Queen Victoria Statue at 6:30 p.m.
- $29 for one New World Old Chinatown walking tour for two (a $58 value), departing from the Chinatown gates at Fisgard St. and Government St. at 8 p.m.
- $29 for one Haunted Dark Victoria walking tour for two (a $58 value), departing from beneath the canoe sculpture in Bastion Square at 9:30 p.m.
- $69 for all three of the above walking tours for two (a $174 value)
Tours last 80–90 minutes and depart 7 days a week in groups of 2–40 people. This Groupon is valid on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.Hidden Dragon Tours
A city is like a walk-through history book with the stories scrawled along its streets and architecture. The sage-like guides of Hidden Dragon Tours use their knowledge of that landscape to share the stories of Victoria. With that goal in mind, their menu of walking tours entices guests to join them through keystone locales that speak to the indigenous, British, and Chinese cultures that define the city, as well as the paranormal tales that comprise its folklore.
The Crown Victoria Native Island tour explores the indigenous people and British colonists that once inhabited the area. Guests walk past the historic Fairmont Empress Hotel situated beside the waters of Inner Harbour, totem poles, and the quaint historic shops of Old Town. The New World Old Chinatown tour inspired the Hidden Dragon name with journeys through the museums, courtyards, and concealed myths of Victoria’s Chinese community. For an alternative history of the region, guides divulge the stories of ghosts, witches, and demons found in the rooming houses and alleys of Dark Victoria.