46-year theater company continues longstanding tradition with summer lineup of dramas, farces, musicals, and children's theater
- Expiration varies
- Limit 10 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem by phone starting 6/5 for tickets. Utah State University Caine College of the Arts is the issuer of tickets. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Utah State University Caine College of the Arts' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Must be 8 or older.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $11, you get one ticket to any 7:30 performance of Steel Magnolias (up to a $22 value).
- For $11, you get one ticket to any 7:30 performance of Private Lives (up to a $22 value).
- For $11, you get one ticket to any 7:30 performance of Big River: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (up to a $22 value).
- For $11, you get one ticket to any 7:30 performance of Lend Me a Tenor (up to a $22 value).
- For $44, you get a season pass, which includes one ticket to each of the four shows above, one ticket to any 7:30 performance of Greater Tuna, and one ticket to any performance of Charlotte's Web (up to an $88 value).
Tickets for youths and students with ID are normally $14 each.
Continuing a 46-year tradition, the Old Lyric Repertory Company at Utah State University presents a gamut-spanning lineup of plays and musicals for all ages. Written by Robert Harling after the death of his sister, Steel Magnolias tells a heartbreaking but ultimately triumphant tale with a razor's edge of humor. Set entirely inside Truvy's Beauty Parlor in Chinquapin, Louisiana, the play sits in with six Southern ladies finding joy, sorrow, and strength in each other over the course of three years. Big River makes Mark Twain's masterpiece sing and dance its way through other corners of the South, following Huck and Jim as they get caught up between feuding families, scheming royal pretenders, and vengeful book censors.
Midcentury mores lead to fast-paced farce in both Private Lives—Noel Coward's tale of two divorcees accidentally rekindling their relationship to the relief of their new spouses—and Lend Me a Tenor. When famed opera singer Tito "Il Stupendo" Merelli succumbs to a potent combination of divorce and tranquilizers in Ken Ludwig's 1986 throwback to the '30s, a replacement must be found to take the lead in Othello.
The Old Lyric Repertory Company makes its home at the Caine Lyric Theatre, a 99-year old landmark in downtown Logan. Lovingly restored in 2000, the 378-seat proscenium theatre is listed on the Utah State Historical Register for its age and statistically improbable lack of theater phantoms haunting the crimson-and-gold auditorium.
Though Caine Lyric Theatre features discounts for seniors, students with ID and youth, this Groupon still offers the best deal available for all customers.