Certified instructors guide pupils of all abilities through riding lessons that teach numerous skills such as tacking, grooming & cantering
- Expires May 17, 2012
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must be 4 or older. 180lb weight max. Must sign waiver. New clients only. May redeem across visits.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $25, you get one 1.5-hour private horseback-riding lesson (a $59.33 value).
- For $75, you get three 1.5-hour private horseback-riding lessons (a $177.99 value).
All riders must bring along the following gear for their lessons:
- Boots with a half-inch to one-inch heel (available to borrow for free)
- Long pants (loose pants and jeans not recommended)
Helmed by Equine Canada Level III coach Lindsay Mahon, Raynham Stables’ staff of certified instructors deftly guides pupils of all ages through private horseback-riding lessons tailored to individual abilities. The 1.5-hour one-on-one session kicks off with a 30-minute introduction to the basics of grooming and tacking a carrot-fuelled auto, including how to dress the steed in full riding regalia. Once neigh-sayers have been suited up, riders settle into the saddle for 30 minutes of mounted instruction tailored to address individual skill sets, interests, and desires to recreate centaur-heavy dream sequences. Nascent pony operators learn essential equine choreography such as walking, cantering, and trotting, and instructors can opt to run more advanced students through the gravity-flouting rigors of jumping lessons. Back at the stables, a 30-minute tutorial focuses on untacking and stowing away equipment. Raynham Stables requires that all lesson-learners don a helmet (provided by stables), swaddle feet in boots with a half-inch to one-inch heel (provided by stables, if necessary), wear gloves, and cloak limbs in long pants.