Licensed massage therapist tailors each session, incorporating multiple modalities in studio filled with soft lighting & calming music.
- Expires Jan 30, 2013
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. 24hr cancellation notice or fee up to 1/2 of Groupon price may apply. Services must be used by the same person.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $30 for choice of one 60-minute Swedish, deep-tissue, or warm-bamboo massage (up to a $60 value)
- $35 for one 80-minute hot-stone massage (a $70 value)
- $85 for choice of three 60-minute Swedish, deep-tissue, or warm-bamboo massages (up to a $180 total value)
- $95 for three 80-minute hot-stone massages (a $210 total value)
The long, soothing strokes of the Swedish massage increase oxygen flow while flushing toxins and heightening serotonin levels. Deep-tissue sessions delve into lower layers of muscle, breaking up knots and increasing range of motion, while warm bamboo massages incorporate the ancient therapy of heating staffs of bamboo, which are then rolled over the back for a deeper, firmer massage. Alternatively, the hot-stone massage incorporates smooth, heated-basalt stones combined with Swedish massage techniques to attain a deep relaxation more effectively than enlisting actual sheep to walk over you as you sleep.
Though Massage Therapy...everyBODY Benefits sometimes features a discounted price online, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.Massage Therapy...everyBODY Benefits
Andrea Carangelo viewed her brother, Mark, as a miracle worker. She watched as he used his skills with massage to help people manage the pain of multiple sclerosis. Later in life, she experienced an injury so intense that she couldn’t walk—a back surgery damaged her femoral nerve—and it was her brother’s massage work that helped her regain use of her leg.
Those memories remain with her today, guiding her vision for Massage Therapy...everyBODY Benefits. Andrea draws upon more than 10 modalities—her specialties being warm-bamboo and hot-stone massage—as well as upgrades such as aromatherapy to tailor each of her 60- to 120-minute custom massages. After leading a consultation to identify her client's concerns, she keeps communication open throughout the session, explaining every technique she uses and tapping tension-releasing commands to muscles via Morse code. She typically applies a light oil or gel to enhance bodywork, and for especially intense problem spots, she may apply Prossage ointment to radiate warmth deep into tissue layers. Her studio augments the relaxing effects of massage by surrounding clients in soft lighting and calming music.