Experienced instructors lead dancers & optional partners through private, personalized lessons or group practice session
- Expires Jul 18, 2012
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Private Sessions by appointment only. 24hr cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price may apply. Must be 18 or older. New clients only. Classes are non-transferable.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $15, you get one private session (a $115 value).
- For $25, you get two private sessions (a $230 value).
- For $35, you get one month of unlimited group activities (a $135 value).
- For $89, you get three months of unlimited group activities (a $405 value).
The consortium of professional instructors at Fred Astaire Dance Studios, which was cofounded by legendary toe tapper Fred Astaire himself, shepherds students of all ages and skill levels through lessons that span the style spectrum. Low-pressure private sessions allow enthusiastic teachers to fine-tune individual students' techniques and form, using their expert eyes and mechanical dancing shoes preprogrammed to do the Charleston. Patrons can learn how to cavort through classic waltz and fox-trot romps or swivel through the modern steps of salsa, swing, or samba. For dancers hoping to hoof it up in a social setting, the group activities provide a one-night extravaganza of instruction, demonstrations, and amateur firewalking during practice parties. Guests can also garner instruction during group activities to learn various forms and styles. Consult individual studios' schedules for available private-session and group-activity slots.
Though Fred Astaire Dance Studios sometimes offers discounts online, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.