In 90-minute sessions, frizz dissipates after seasoned stylist soaks locks in custom solutions, with formaldehyde-free solution available
- Expires Dec 19, 2012
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. 24hr cancellation notice required. Extra fee may apply for very long or very thick hair. All blowouts must be used by the same person.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $99 for one Brazilian blowout hair-smoothing treatment (a $225 value)
- $175 for two Brazilian blowout hair-smoothing treatments (a $450 value)
- $299 for four Brazilian blowout hair-smoothing treatments (a $900 value)
Guided by their coiffeur's advice, patrons select either the original Brazilian blowout treatment or the formaldehyde-free Brazilian Blowout Zero. The former capably conditions and irons out tight spirals damaged by chemicals, and the latter's plant-derived elixir works best on finer, looser waves. Both serums coat each hair shaft with a protective layer of protein in roughly 90 minutes, smoothing cuticles and leaving locks straight for up to 12 weeks. Some hair-straightening products that claim to be formaldehyde-free include aldehyde compounds, which are similar to the carcinogen formaldehyde. Side effects may include nosebleeds, headaches, vomiting, and respiratory problems, among others. Learn more about the health risks here.Salon Michaels
In 2008, Michael Price of the eponymous Salon Michaels decided to rebuild his business from the ground up. The salon, situated in a former cottage, needed revamping, and Michael wasn’t shy about throwing out the old. “He redid everything to make it more modern,” manager and stylist Ashley Varcelli says. “It’s still laid-back, but I would say [it’s] more high-end.” With modish decor and a whole new styling team, Salon Michaels delivers couture cuts and Pureology color along with spa services performed in an updated mani-pedi room. Nail technicians use OPI shades, and have such expedient access to the brand’s latest collections that Ashley says local beauty-supply stores stand in awe and local crayon boxes turn green with envy.