- All pilots are certified flight instructors & commercial pilots
- Fly over Puget Sound & Space Needle
- Expires in 1 year
- Limit 1/person, may buy 3 more as gifts. Limit 1/visit. Reservation reqd; subj to avail. 48 hr cancellation notice reqd or fee up to Groupon price may apply. Must be 15 or older for flight school. Must sign waiver. Subj to weather, maintenance & flight restrictions. Must be under 230 lbs. for flight school option. Total weight of group must not exceed 600 lbs., & individuals must weigh under 270 lbs. for tour option. Port Orchard, Gig Harbor & Everett locations valid for flight school only.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
For $79, you get an Introduction to Helicopters training session (a $165 total value). The session includes:
- 30 minutes of instruction on the ground (a $20 value)
- 30 minutes of flight time (a $125 value)
- A Helicopters Northwest T-shirt (a $20 value)
For $169, you get a private-helicopter-tour package (up to a $340 total value). The tour package includes:
- A 30-minute private helicopter tour over Seattle for up to three people (up to a $300 value)
- An up to 30-minute question-and-answer session with the pilot on the ground (up to a $40 value)
Upgrades are available.
Helicopters Northwest's behemoth fleet of Robinson R22 and R44 whirlybirds skirt the Seattle skyline with certified flight instructors and commercial pilots at the wheel. Aviation experts grant a bird's-eye view of in-flight control systems and secret cockpit handshakes during the Introduction to Helicopter session's 30 minutes of ground instruction. Choppers then take to the skies for half an hour, briefly operated by budding aeronauts who may proclaim their abilities by donning a souvenir T-shirt after touchdown.
Sightseers soar over Seattle during a private helicopter tour that hoists up to three onlookers up to 1,000 feet above attractions including Husky Stadium and the Puget Sound shoreline. The Space Needle towers beside exhilarated high-fliers as the city skyline sprawls beneath them. Posttour question sessions with pilots pose an ideal opportunity to make flight-oriented inquiries regarding the top speed of helicopters or the possibility of discovering Superman's nest. Tours launch from Seattle location only.