- Quirky bar and restaurant
- Daily changing á la carte menu
- All food locally sourced and cooked in-house
- Large selection of drinks, including sizeable collection of tequila, whisky, and rum
- Broughton Street location
Known to eliminate fragile molluscs with their mighty tendons, mussels are often referred to as the bicep of the sea. See food in action with The Basement.
Choose from the following options:
• £19 for steamed mussels and Aberdeen Angus rump steak for two people
• £37 for steamed mussels and Aberdeen Angus rump steak for four peopleWith a quirky decor and freshly prepared food, The Basement is the foundation of many storeys. Lit with a shade of purple and furnished with candlesticks, the intimate bar and restaurant serves up innovative food that changes on a daily basis, with Mexican dishes added to the culinary cauldron on weekends. Aficionados of tequila, whisky, and rum are catered for with an intriguing and comprehensive drinks list. Hungry pairs or fours looking for time-honoured dining can enter the restaurant’s confines from midday onwards, where they can get stuck into steamed mussels (£5.50) . An 8oz Aberdeen Angus rump steak served with a classic sauce of choice (£14.50) then rounds off the unique surf ‘n’ turf experience.