Teachers lead kids' swim classes for infants to age 12; kids' parties thrill up to 15 guests with two hours of pool & party-room festivities
- Expires Nov 21, 2012
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required for complimentary evaluation before scheduling swim lessons. 2-week advance reservation required for swim party. Subject to availability. New clients only. Valid for ages 6 months to 12 years. Must sign waiver. All classes must be used by the same person.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $35 for a two-week swim camp with two lessons per week for 1 child (an $89 value)
- $69 for a two-week swim camp with two swimming lessons per week for 2 children (a $178 value)
- $99 for a two-hour children's party for up to 15 guests (a $250 value)
With a 4:1 student to instructor ratio, weekly 30-minute swimming lessons acclimate small groups of kids aged 6 months to 12 years to the water through individual attention from seasoned instructors. The lifeguard-supervised swim party offers up to 15 guests and supervising adults access to the pool for one hour of swimming time with water games before festivities continue inside a private party room for another hour. Parents may bring their own food and refreshments. Swim-U is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. everyday, and classes can be scheduled around personal schedules.Swim-U
A 3-year-old strokes his arms through clear water as his mother gently holds him afloat with her hands. During the past few swim sessions, the little student has learned to submerge his face in the water and float on his belly as well as his back. After he and his fellow swimmers finish their parent/baby swimester, it's likely they may never experience the fear of swimming that many children begin to encounter around age 3. This type of insight into the developmental importance of swimming is what informs the instruction at Swim-U, Leawood's child-oriented swimming school. The school's curriculum opens its lessons to infants as young as 6 months old and kids up to age 12 to instill water skills and the joys of fitness swimming from a young age. The Swim-U team comprises upbeat swimming professors who are the brains behind the company's special brand of instruction in swimming, as well as in child CPR, first-aid training, and dunk-tank pitching.