DVD transfers preserve analogue memories; phone cases sport photos or business cards; staff scans and enlarges images or digitizes slides
- Expires Dec 13, 2012
- Limit 10 per person, may buy 10 additional as gifts. Limit 10 per visit. Valid only for option purchased.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- $8 for one VHS to DVD conversion (a $30 value)
The conversion covers up to two hours of transfer of one VHS North American Tape (NTSC). For an additional fee, 8mm camcorder, VHS-C, MiniDV camcorder, and 8mm/16mm movie conversions are available for substitution.
- $22 for an iPhone or BlackBerry case customization (up to a $49 value), which applies a photo, logo, or business card to BlackBerry battery doors or an iPhone rubber or hard case
For the phone-case customization, customers can email or bring their chosen digital image to the store, and the staff can ship up to two cases nationally for an additional $5. This option is valid for BlackBerry Torch, BlackBerry Bold 9900, and iPhone 4 models.
- $25 for $100 worth of photo services, such as photo scanning ($0.99/scan if more than 50 photos), slide digitizing ($0.89/scan if more than 100 slides), and photo enlarging
For slide digitizing, the typical format is 35mm cardboard-mounted and most plastic-mounted slides. If a slide fits in a standard 140-count Kodak Carousel, then it can be digitized. Slides are digitized as jpgs with enough resolution to print high-quality 8"x10" prints. Slides must be submitted in loose packaging, like baggies or wrapped in elastic, or in the Kodak Carousel only. For an extra fee, top-side rotation and folder and file management is also available.
For photo scanning, colour and black-and-white unmounted photos can range from 3"x5" to 8"x10" in size. For best results, avoid including bent or creased photos and ensure that no adhesives are on the back of the photos. Photos should be submitted in piles or groups in envelopes or in baggies to differentiate between photo albums. For an extra fee, top-side rotation, photo file and folder management, and photo removal and insertion into albums is also available.Rapid Photo Toronto
The image experts at Rapid Photo help their customers capture new photos, update old media to modern formats, and transform images into custom creations. Teams of on-staff photographers snap shots at special events, and video and photo digitization helps keep memories accessible until a future when they can upload directly into dreams. In addition to the staff's many talents, which also include passport photo photography, the shop's specialty services can transport cherished moments to mugs and T-shirts for greater visibility.