- Artisanal alcohol tastings led by guest experts
- Weekly beer & wine tastings
- Bring groups of friends
- Expires Dec 31, 2011
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must be 21 or older. May redeem across visits. Valid only for tasting events.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $12, you get a gift card for $25 toward tasting events.
- For $20, you get a gift card for $45 toward tasting events.
- For $30, you get a gift card for $70 toward tasting events.
Assisted by a rotating roster of guest winemakers, sommeliers, distillers, and brewers, Westport Whiskey & Wine's expert staff lead guest groups in spirited tasting events ($5–$35) throughout the week. Discover new old vintages during Thursday Open Bottle Nights, during which staffers introduce groups to up to five new tastes from eight of their favorite grape-based pours, along with separate spirit samplings. At First Friday beer tastings, hops pioneers from notable breweries such as Goose Island and Schlafly coerce palates to search suds for delicate flavors and coded messages hidden in the foam. Other tastings train the spotlight on brand-name libations such as tequilas and whiskeys, and cocktail classes led by mixologist Joy Perrine equip pupils with creative drink mixing know-how. Customers may use their tasting gift cards toward educating multiple companions, helping friends brush up on brew knowledge or capture hard-partying genies in bottles of merlot. Since some tastings have a guest limit, hopeful taste buds should reserve their spots in advance.
Must be 21 or older.